FICO Alert - Nationwide Skimming Updates
11/17/14: The Fair Isaac Corporation (FICO) has issued an alert update on cities where fraudulent ATM withdrawals are occurring. If you have terminals deployed in any of these areas, please be on special alert for the fraudulent transaction characteristics. If you find any similar transactions, please immediately file a police report and a SARS report with Meta.
CITIES WHERE FRAUDULENT ATM WITHDRAWALS ARE OCCURRING
- California: San Jose, Sunnyvale.
- Maryland: Arnold, Baltimore, Bowie.
- North Carolina: Charlotte.
- Tennessee: Nashville.
- Other states and cities could be affected.
Fraudulent PIN POS purchases via major drug store chains are often performed on the same population of cards that exhibited fraudulent ATM withdrawals.
- Fraudulent ATM withdrawals in the amount of $400 are typical.
- Fraudulent transaction times vary widely from 1PM to 1AM. There is no discernable pattern.
- Minimal PIN errors.
TransNational ATM Team