FICO Alert - Fraudulent ATM Withdrawals Occurring
01/17/15: The Fair Isaac Corporation (FICO) has issued an alert update on cities where fraudulent ATM withdrawals are occurring. If you have terminals deployed in any of these areas, please be on special alert for the fraudulent transaction characteristics. If you find any similar transactions, please immediately file a police report and a SARS report with Meta.
CITIES WHERE FRAUDULENT ATM WITHDRAWALS ARE OCCURRING
- Alabama: Mobile.
- Ireland: Dublin
- Louisiana: Baton Rouge, Metairie, New Orleans.
- Other states and cities along the US I-10 interstate between Florida and Louisiana
- Florida: Boca Raton, Coral Gables, Hollywood, Miami and Orlando
- Fraudulent ATM withdrawals of $500 have been typical.
- Fraudsters are periodically performing balance inquiries prior to making fraudulent ATM withdrawals.
- Fraudulent transaction times vary widely but most are within a 6AM-Midnight range.
Meta ATM Team